1. Lt Gen AK Nanda, Director General Border Roads visited Project Setuk during the period from 16 Dec 2007 to 19 Dec 2007. During the visit, DGBR has inspected following road NH-44 sectors / bridge sites. The General Officer has also met Hon’ble Chief Minister and Hon’ble PWD Minister of Govt of Tripura.
2. On 16 Dec 2007, DGBR visited 120 RCC sector and inspected IRQP works, various bridge sites on Agartala-Sabroom Road. The General Officer has also inspected HMP on site located on Agartala – Sabroom Road. A briefing was given to DG by CE/Cdr 755 TF. Night Halt of DGBR was at HQ 755 BRTF on 16 Dec 2007.
3. On 17 Dec 2007, DGBR visited Agartala By Pass. After visiting, Agartala By Pass, Dir General met Hon’ble Chief Minister and Hon’ble PWD Minister of Tripura State and discussed about the ongoing works of Project Setuk in Tripura State. Later DGBR has inspected Agartala-Churaibari Road works of 78 RCC and 97 RCC. A briefing was also given to DG by Cdr 42 TF. Night Halt of DGBR was at HQ 42 TF on 17 Dec 2007.
4. On 18 Dec 2007, DG visited Jowai-Badarpur-Churaibari Road (NH-44) sector and inspected Karimganj By Pass, Malidar Bridge site and Sonapur Landslide area. After inspection DGBR proceeded to HQ Setuk. There, DGBR attended Mess Social at Officers Mess Setuk and night halt at RGH of HQ 101 Area.
5. On 19 Dec 2007, DGBR addressed GREF Sammelan at HQ CE (P) Setuk and he interacted with troops of Project Setuk. After tea with troops, DGBR left Project Setuk for Guwahati for further proceeding to Delhi.